Tuesday, November 26, 2013

IS IT JUST ME, or this is profoundly stupid under the impression of being clever:

Anne Sweeney might be one of the most powerful people in television -- overseeing ABC TV, ABC Studios, and Disney Channels Worldwide. But when it comes to predicting trends, her two children have always been ahead of the pack.

"I've always said, if you want to know what the future is, ask a nine-year-old because they're just so adept," said the 56-year-old, who Forbes named the 24th most powerful woman in the world.

"What they taught me was to be less parochial, less conventional, to be more daring. They were so free to experiment with technology. I remember my son putting a piece of liquorice into the VCR and not understanding why he couldn't see it on the television set."

And that's how she reached the conclusion that they have to be less conventional, more daring? Sheesh. Kids sometimes try putting their fingers on the wall electric socket, does that mean Pacific Gas & Electric needs to me more daring, more creative? Don't kids do things because they're, well, kids?

What the hell. If I were the Disney CEO, I'd fire her on a snap. She's dangerous: she can take the company into new directions that have nothing to do with reality.